Monday, August 31, 2009

17 Weeks!

Wow, the past week has flown by! In only 23 weeks we will get to meet Sully! This past week we have been trying to meet in the middle with what we will be calling our precious little boy. Josh's brother says Mini Doppler. This comes from the many nicknames Josh's dad has, one of which is Super Doppler, because he ALWAYS knows what is going on with the weather. No matter where he is or what he is doing he can usually quote weather statistics and has an at home weather station that he monitors daily. EDIT: As a result of this we have just come up with another nickname, Radar, crazy I know but I think it is kind of cute! So who knows what we will decide on, he may have two nicknames by the time he is born! On the pregnancy front I am feeling pretty good and enjoying this part of pregnancy much more. However, there are some things I am not enjoying about it though: sinus infection, fluid behind my eardrum, hamburger meat, processed food and sleeping on my left side. Some of my new loves include: tums smoothies, romaine lettuce, spinach, frozen yogurt, bella band and decaffeinated coffee.

As far as the nursery goes I have picked out the fabrics we will use. It is called "Over the Moon" and as you can tell it is a collection of nursery rhymes in a toile pattern with a pale yellow background. I absolutely love this pattern and if we ever decide to have another baby it can work for a boy or girl! I went back and forth on what fabrics we would use because honestly I did not want one of those cheesy baby rooms, but I still wanted something that was reminiscent of a child's room. I think I have accomplished the look I am going for with this pattern. I am also going to be using red in the room as well but have not decided whether it will be in a gingham, stripe or polka dot pattern. The inspiration for the room are the Red Coats in the pattern. I have 4 beautiful paintings of fox hunts, with the hunters in their red coats, that I received from my great Aunt last year. When we found out Baby H was a boy I just knew they had to be a part of his room and I think they will look great with the fabric! We go back next week for our "official" anatomy scan so I will update next week on how it goes! Hope you all have a great week and WAR EAGLE!!!!

1 comment: