Thursday, January 21, 2010

False Alarm

These two words are some of the worst I think I have ever heard!!! Last night my stomach started getting very tight and I could barely do anything. It would stay that way for a while and then just go away. We were not really sure what was going on so I went to lay down for a while and it wouldn't go away. Then I decided to get in the shower which really helped. When I woke up this morning it was back but this time it was a lot more uncomfortable and seemed to be more frequent. I had an appointment with my regular Dr for my ear infection so I got ready and went to town. After my appointment I went to lunch with a friend and told her how I was feeling, it got to be so uncomfortable that I quit eating. It was at that point I decided to swing by my ob's office and see what she said. Once she checked me she said it was a false alarm. I was looking forward to hearing her say today was the day and was kind of sad when she said that it was not. So now I am back at home still very uncomfortable and watching Oprah. I am so worried I will not know what true labor feels like, especially now! I really thought this was it! Oh well, we will continue to wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What did she say that you were actually feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long...I have been having trouble leaving comments and finally fixed it! She just said they were not working contractions but just getting my body ready for the real deal! It was kind of scary bc you only hear about braxton hicks (which are supposed to be painless) so I was not expecting them at all.

    ReplyDelete