Thursday, January 14, 2010

Relaxation and a word of caution......

Today I went for my second prenatal massage and it was wonderful. Josh got me one for Christmas and we went together two weeks ago. After doing some research and talking to a few people I found out that massage is a great way to get your body and mind prepared for labor and delivery. So I went again today and with my Dr's approval I will go again next week after my checkup.

Here is where my words of caution come in......make absolutely sure the massage therapist knows how to give prenatal massages!!! The reason I say that is because when I went today I had a completely different experience than the first massage. The first massage consisted of having my feet, legs, arms, back and shoulders massaged. Today I had my back, neck and shoulders massaged. Massage one sounds much better than massage two doesn't it!!?? I thought so too until I talked to Josh's sister this afternoon and told her I was disappointed in my massage. She told me pregnant women should not have their feet or legs massaged, especially in the 3rd trimester, because they are at a higher risk for blood clots. Scary!!!! So from here on out no deluxe pedicures or full massages for this pregnant lady!!!

On a side note I toured Growing Room and loved it! I have been told waiting lists are ridiculous so he is now on the list to start February 2011. We can send him 2,3 or 5 days a week and they also have a drop in program, similar to MDO, where you can bring your child randomly throughout the year for a full day or by the hour. Not sure exactly how often he will be going but at least we have a daycare option in place.


Here is my 36 week belly.....I have realized this week that it is HUGE!!! No wonder people say I will not make it to February!! Sunday will be exactly 3 weeks until my due date....just typing that makes me a little anxious, in a good way of course! I can't wait to go to the Dr Tuesday to see how close we are to meeting our little man!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks!! make sure eric gets you a pregnancy massage!! can't wait to see what the results are from intelligender!!

    ReplyDelete