Tuesday, March 26, 2013

5 weeks to go!

with only 5 weeks to go I am getting so nervous! obviously I am nervous about how our family dynamic will change when Levi gets here but I am super nervous about labor and delivery! Since my water broke with no contractions with Sully I never had that whole labor contractions feeling. This past friday I was having lots of contractions and got pretty nervous especially since Josh was on call all weekend and could not come home. Luckily once I woke up Saturday they were gone, which means they were braxton hicks and not the real deal. At my appointment today she checked me to make sure and luckily there is no indication that the contractions did anything. my weight was great, 16lbs total gained as of today. I have had lots of crazy movements and got the dr to find out what position he was in, head down, YAY! Bc I was thinking he was sideways this whole time. Sully is still so excited but I dont think he realizes just how tiny baby brother will be. He tells me all the time that there will be two baby brothers, one in my belly and one in his. He said I have Hosuton Levi and he has Levi. He also has explained how baby brother will be born. apparently someone will push him out of my bellybutton and then my tummy will be small again. that is until I eat a whole lot and then I will have another baby in my belly :)
----ediT----
this post is a week overdue :) I started it and never finished.
Today I am actually 4 weeks until d-day! Last week we took Sully for the sibling tour at the hospital and he had the best time! Of course all the nurses loved on him and spoiled him and he ate it up! When we got to the laboring room the nurse pulled out a baby doll and showed Sully how to swaddle, diaper, hold and soothe "baby brother". sully had the biggest sweetest grin on his face the entire time! Josh and I were beaming from ear to ear to and so proud of our big boy for being such a good listener....even if he was running around the room half the time. We went to the window where you can look at all the babies and he could not get enough of them. He kept requesting we go back and look at the babies. During the tour the nurse asked where baby brother was going to sleep and Sully said "in the bed with screws". The nurse looked at us completely confused and Josh and just laughed! When we set up Sullys old crib we were missing a few screws and I have been reminding Josh to get the replacement screws. When ever sully tries to get in the crib I tell him we need the screws before he can get in. It is amazing what his little brain comes up with and proves that they are listening at all times. She also asked him what he needed to do when baby brother was crying to which he replied "teach him to talk". Wouldn't that be nice?! then we would not have to decode all those cries!
We had Sullys 3 year check up at our new Dr in town and she is so sweet! Sully is 36 inches tall and weighs 28lbs. He has been wearing 2t in jeans/pants and shirts but when I got out all of his shorts that I purchased the end of last summer they were way to big! So back to his shorts from last year, 18-24 months. Sweet boy has his daddy's build! We have to go back to the cardiologist this week for another exam for his murmur bc no one will sign off on him going to the dentist. apparently if you have a heart condition you have to take antibiotics before you go in for a cleaning or procedure.
Since I am a week late posting this I can update that we went back to the cardiologist to repeat the echo and everything was completely fine and we got the signature we needed to go to the dentist. Yay!

We went to the rodeo with my brother in law and his family as well as josh dad and stepmom and had the best time!! Sully loves John's girls and was in heaven playing with them. Also his spring proof came back and it is hilarious! They used a different company this go round and the pic is awful. I feel like it was definitely a coerced smile. Needless to say, we will be saving that $30.






I think this was my 34 week visit.....I could be wrong though it may have been 32 weeks. Now that the shop has closed this is the only place with a full length mirror so my pics are coming from my dr appointments now



Very cold day at the zoo!!!

















Loving his superman pajamas from nana! He is totally IMO superhero stuff now.


This is how we nap some days. He gets so snuggled up that I hate to move him. My energy level has been pretty low the last two weeks so most of the time I just go to sleep with him. We have been lounging more which has been nice to have extra snuggles. We will also have picnics inside and outside which make meals more fun for him. The last one was a late night strawberry picnic in my bed. We ate a bunch of strawberries while watching cartoons :) past bedtime. We are enjoying the last few weeks of just the two of us and I am certain they are flying by.

5 comments:

  1. He (and your belly) are so cute! I can't believe you are about to have another! I keep getting the fever, then I am around more than one child... Ha! Can't wait to see the newest Hornsby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. y'all are so cute!! I love the bed with screws comment. I am also really impressed with his touring the hospital and all. Peebs would be a wreck up in there! He has NO idea what is coming his way!
    I hear ya on the tired part! me too. Lots of lounging and naps these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a hell of a time commenting on my blog and others, including y'all's!! Any idea as to what is up? If I mistype and have to go back I can't type anything else....then it freezes up!

    Sarah I know how you feel! Some days I feel like I am still it ready for two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I think he would do great!! I was thinking sully would be wild but he was so interested in earning about the hospital and they were so attentive to him that he just soaked it all in!!

    ReplyDelete