Monday, August 24, 2009

It's a BOY, Roger Sullivan Hornsby!!!


As you may know I am very impatient! I have a very hard time waiting for anything, especially this miracle in my belly! From the minute we found out we were having a baby all I could wish for is that it would be healthy and happy. I pray for Baby H everyday and can't wait to meet him! Whether Baby H was a boy or girl has been something we have wondered since day 1 so we finally decided to have a gender determination ultrasound a little early, 15 weeks 3 days to be exact! My doctor does not typically schedule another ultrasound until 18 weeks and I knew that I could not possibly wait that long. So Friday we went to our appointment and it was awesome! I think this appointment was the coolest thing ever! Baby H was very excited to show us the goods and did it within maybe a minute! Watching him move around and kick was so neat. Josh got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which was 137. The tech said everything looked perfect which we were so relieved to hear! Like any pregnant woman I have fears that are probably completely irrational so it is nice to hear he is developing into a healthy baby with 10 fingers, 10 toes and everything where it should be. As for the name it is something Josh and I have always wanted to name a little boy! Josh's dad is Roger and of course Sullivan for my granddad. We are in a battle for what his nickname will be, I love Sully and Josh wants Rog, pronounced Roger without the "er". I spoke with Grandbobby (my grandad) and he is confident that Sully will be the winner, so for now we are calling him two different names!

The past week has been so much better, as far as pregnancy symptoms go. My energy is finally coming back and the nausea is fading away quickly. I am starting to get a bump and have officially gained 1 pound, which comes and goes depending on the time of day. We go for our 16 week appointment tomorrow and I can't wait to hear Sully's heartbeat again. I am seriously considering getting an at home doppler, if anyone has used one I would be interested to hear what their thoughts are on them. As far as the nursery goes it is coming along, we just have to put up the new trim and paint. We had the hardwoods refinished and they are beautiful! As soon as we are finished and get the crib put together I will post some pictures. Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    My wife and I used a doppler, but they don't really work until about 22 weeks. So you can get in a bit of a panic wondering if the baby is OK.

    But once it was working we found it very reassuring that we could check on baby whenever we felt like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethalow!! I have an at home doppler. I got it from babybeats.com and I was able to hear the heartbeat at 10wks. You rent it until you are done! Very reasonable priced!!! I would highly recommend one! There are those days where Avery doesn't move and I begin to get worried and all i have to do is pull out the doppler and hear her sweet heartbeat and I am reassured she is doing great!!!

    Congrats again on the baby boy! You are going to be an amazing mother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting!! I vote for Sully too! Keep the blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete