Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend in Fairhope

We spent this past weekend in Fairhope.....and it was gorgeous! Our main reason for packing up and heading south on Friday was to celebrate the wedding of a good friend. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was amazing!! Great food, good people and a gorgeous view of the bay under the live oaks....which by the way are my favorite  trees ever! Of course I had to forget my camera in the hotel! But we met a super nice couple who will be emailing us pics from the reception. The weekend also consisted of the little man meeting our dear friend Zoe and her family.....he was smitten with Zoe and her mother!! The were so sweet to invite us over for dinner Saturday night and it was delicious, fried snapper, grouper and oysters with homemade tartar sauce...YUMMY!! Sunday we packed up and went to the Bass Pro shop to meet Rebecca and the fam for lunch. If Josh and I ever decide to move, it will be to Fairhope, it is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait for our next trip!

When we made the decision to go to the wedding I began making one of many lists! I did not want to get down there and realize we had forgotten something important for the little man! So, needless to say, we had a packed car! From the stroller, pack in play, bouncy seat, baby tub and everything else we were loaded down. Thankfully we were prepared for everything when it came to Sully....what we did manage to leave at the house was dress pants and a belt for Josh. So we had to do a little shopping once we got down there, btw JC Penney is having a great sale on men's dress shirts, if anyone is interested.

Sully was an angel the whole weekend! On the way down he would have slept the whole way had we not woke him up because I was so uncomfortable! He flirted with everyone and was the perfect traveler! We did find out, thanks to Zoe's mom that he has a little bit of colic. Thanks to my excellent packing skills we had mylicon drops to give him which made him feel much better! Now that I know the signs to look for we can help him feel better when he gets it again!
                                   Beautiful sunset on the bay


             Zoe loving on Sully                  Snuggling with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment