Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Half way there.....19 weeks

I know I am not technically half way there but 19 weeks is close enough for me!! I am so excited about this week because we FINALLY get to have our big anatomy scan. When I went for my 16 week appointment the Dr. told me they would schedule it for 18 weeks. Unfortunately my file floated around the nurses station for 3 weeks while I waited not so patiently to find out when we were going. I had been calling for the past two weeks trying to find out why it hadn't been scheduled and no one could tell me. Finally yesterday I spoke to a very nice lady at the office who explained what happened and scheduled it right then. So we are going this Thursday and I am so excited and praying that they see a healthy happy Sully. I swear I felt him last night, it almost felt like somebody thumbing the inside of my stomach about 5 times. I am going to continue thinking it was Sully and not just some random feeling. One of the reasons I am so excited to see Sully Friday is because I have been having very bad dreams and feeling that something is wrong with him. I know these are completely irrational thoughts because I have had no symptom or sign that anything is wrong, but it still scares me every time I go to the doctor. Every day I pray that he is growing to be a healthy, strong and happy baby. I love him so much already and it amazes me daily that God has given us such a beautiful gift.

As for the past week it has been pretty good and the weekend was even better. Friday started out with a surprise visit from Dave & Allison who decided to come down a day early for the game and stay with us. They are great friends that we rarely get to see since they moved. It was so good to see them! That is one of the reasons we love football season because we get to spend time with so many great people who have moved over the years. As for Saturday we went down to Ms. Wanda's to watch the game along with all the usual suspects. As for Sunday it was church and then lunch with the neighbors. It turned out to be a pretty relaxing weekend. I am already looking forward to the weekend because Josh's sister and her family are coming up for the game. Well I hope everyone has a great week and I will post some new shots of the little man when we get them on Thursday! By the way....I finally took a picture of my belly which is finally looking like a bump and not like I ate to many cheeseburgers!!

1 comment: