Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Please Pray for my Grandbobby....


My grandfather, Grandbobby, means everything to me! He has been my rock and shoulder through every point of my life. He is the most caring, generous and kind mine I have ever known and I am so grateful to have him as my grandfather. He means the world to me and has since the day I was born! A few weeks ago he got his flu shot and hasn't felt good ever since then. Tuesday he came up to UAB to go to the emergency room since he still wasn't feeling well. The doctors ran some tests and scans and found what they believe to be the evil and dreaded "C" word. I hate to even think it or write it because it strikes fear in every part of my body to imagine him sick. So far it looks like it is in his lung and abdomen area, the tests they do tomorrow will determine to what extent. One lung has collapsed which explains why he has been coughing and having trouble sleeping lately. Tomorrow will be more tests and visits with doctors and hopefully we will be able to find out more about what is going on and possible treatment options. So for tonight that is all the news we have. We got up here tonight at about 1030 and were able to see him for about an hour. He is in pretty good spirits and is just ready to get home. We just got into the hotel and I obviously can't sleep.

I know some of you may think I am crazy for putting something so personal up, but it feels good to "talk" about it without saying it out loud. To those who have tried to call me today I am sorry for not taking your call, the more I say the words out loud the more real they become and I do not know if I can keep it together long enough to hold a conversation. Thank you to all who are and continue praying for him, these prayers are greatly appreciated. I also ask that you pray for my grandfather, his doctors, my family and I that we are able to make the right decisions in the coming days. Also please pray that the stress of this does not effect Sully in a negative way, I am trying to stay as strong and calm as possible but its pretty tough! As soon as we hear something more I will be sure and update everyone. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers today and in the coming days!!!

2 comments: