Saturday, September 26, 2009

Update on Grandbobby and Sully

What a week this has been! I have always been thankful for every day the good Lord gives me to have my grandfather in my life. I am blessed to know such a wonderful and caring man, who by the way never meets a stranger! Thursday his Dr. released him to go home and believe me we were all ready!! There have been so many friends stopping in to visit and help wherever needed. He has an amazing group of friends who love him so much. One thing that everyone continues to tell us is how much he has impacted their lives in such a positive way. Even all his nurses and doctors at UAB absolutely loved getting to know him and he enjoyed joking around with them as well. As far as new info on the diagnosis goes we are still waiting for the biopsy results to come in which should be Monday. Then we will travel back up to UAB to meet with a team of oncologists who will help us all understand exactly what is going on and what the next step is. I pray that we have much more time to spend together, I honestly never thought we would ever be hit by something like this, it has completely shocked us and is still so hard to imagine. As usual though he is taking this with such amazing strength and has put his trust in God, as we all have. thank you all for your support and prayers!!

As for Sully, everything is going well. I went for my 20 week appointment Tuesday right before we made our unexpected trip to UAB. The doctor said everything looked and sounded great. Sully's heartbeat was 139 which remains consistent. I also had the quad screen and cystic fibrosis screening, which I was not excited about. I have very little concern on either one since I have no family history, but I am still a little anxious to get the ok from the Dr. which should be Monday or Tuesday. I have to say that there definitely was a bright spot to my week which was finally getting to show Grandbobby my latest ultrasound pics. He is so excited about Sully's arrival and introduced him to everyone this past week as I am sure he will continue to do!

Half time is almost over so I am going to get back to the game! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment