Tuesday we met with a wonderful cancer Dr. at UAB's Kirklin Clinic. The whole ride up there we were pretty quiet because we were so nervous/anxious/scared of what the Dr would say about my Grandbobby. The ride back was quite the opposite!! The Dr we met with was so nice, caring and funny, which we all loved! They explained to us that the cancer my grandfather has is small cell (oat) cancer. The best news we could ever get is that it is treatable. This was so good to hear because last week they told us the opposite. So today my mom, aunt and grandfather are going to the cancer center in Montgomery to meet with another Dr and discuss the treatment process. Everyone's prayers and kind words have meant so much to us all!! The funniest part about the whole thing is all the food that has been brought to my mom's house. Everyone knows my mom is not a big cook so they have loaded her down with all kinds of homemade goodies! Thanks to all who have fed us over the past few weeks! A good homecooked meal makes you feel so much better!!
As for Sully and myself we are doing great! Carpal tunnel has set in and can be quite painful, but I really don't mind so much. Round ligament pains have also started to be more noticeable but I welcome them because that means he is growing strong. We signed up for childbirth classes and will start them in November. As for my screening tests I assume no news is good news since I have not heard back from them on either test. I guess that is about it for now. Renovations begin in the next week or so on our living room and guest bedroom so it will be a busy couple of weeks ahead. As for the weekend, War Eagle and I hope everyone has a great one!
That is great news! I have prayed for Granbobby every day! Show pics of the renovations before and after!!
ReplyDeleteHow are the dog children?
you are a great friend we love you guys and appreciate it greatly
ReplyDelete