It has been a while since I have updated everyone on Sully so here it goes..... I had my 24 week appointment last week and the Dr. said everything looks great and he is definitely growing! While there they checked my weight (total gain is 8 pounds), BP (100/65), checked for proteins and sugars (none), fundal height (measuring a little ahead as usual) and of course Sully's heartbeat which is in the 130's. My pregnancy book says that Sully weighs around 1 1/2 pounds and he can now recognize light and will turn his head toward a flashlight shining on my belly. He is moving all the time and has formed a schedule which I have heard can be consistent with his schedule once he is born. I feel him starting around 8am and from there it is every 2-3 hours. Every night Josh and I spend at least 30 minutes talking to him and watching him move around. Being able to see and feel him move around is incredible!! We have been trying to hear his heartbeat with a stethoscope my mom gave us a while back and last night we think we heard it. Sully is very playful and constantly kicks at it when we are trying to listen.
While at my 24 week appointment they scheduled me for the 1-hour glucose screen that I failed by 4 points. Apparently this is not uncommon and probably had to do with the fact that I ate some fruit for breakfast before taking it. Yesterday I went for my 3 hour glucose test. I was completely dreading it because I was not able to eat or drink anything after midnight. So I go in and I had to drink the lemon-lime glucose drink which doesn't taste that bad but made me feel awful. I sat there for three hours having my blood drawn every hour. Apparently I have vanishing veins so they had to stick me in six different places with the top of my hands being the least pleasant. As you can imagine I look like a bruised up drug addict today! But that is okay because I passed!!!
I go back next week for my 26 week appointment and will continue with visits every two weeks. Our 4D is scheduled for the middle of November and I can't wait to see our little man again. It feels like it has been forever since our last ultrasound! This pregnancy is flying by and I can't believe we only have a few more months left to prepare. The nursery and house updates have been at a stand still but we are hoping to have them finished by Thanksgiving at the latest.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! War Eagle!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment