
The past few weeks have meant so much to me. Being able to spend almost every waking minute with my Grandbobby was priceless and I will always look back on those weeks with appreciation. Appreciation for the 81 years he lived telling the best stories and jokes, making friends wherever he went and loving every minute of his life, even the rough patches. He was a good man who meant so much to so many. In his last few weeks he told stories about his life and reminisced with old friends who came to visit. He was always smiling even though he knew he was losing his battle. One of the last things he said before he passed away was, " I've had a good ride, we all had fun and we all got to know each other along the way and that is what is important." I do not think it could have been said any better. Being with Grandbobby in his last moments was something my mother, aunt and I never thought we could handle. But, God knew we were strong enough and we are all so thankful to have been there.
When Josh's mom was put in the hospital I made a trip to the bookstore one afternoon and found new devotionals for Josh and I. I had forgotten how much I loved daily devotions. When Josh's mother passed away these devotionals were our strength to make it day by day. The days lined up beautifully with what we were going through, as if they were written just for us. The words spoke to us so strongly during such a sad time. Over the past few weeks our devotionals have lined up again and given us that extra bit of strength we need.
One month. One month from diagnosis my Grandbobby lost his battle with a cancer none of us saw coming. If you were told you had this much time to live would you be as certain as my grandfather was about where he was going after his life on earth was finished. I do not think anyone can ever be prepared for the death of a loved one. No matter how much time you have with them there are always things you wish you had said or done. One of the most important things you can talk about with those you love is your faith. Sharing the word of God is one of the best gifts we can ever give someone.
Thank you all for your prayers, they mean so much to us!!
On the pregnancy front I have to take the 3-hour glucose screen (yes, I failed the 1-hour, but only by 4 points) so I will update on that later in the week. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening! I will enjoy mine snuggling with my husband, watching Sully kick around and watching a movie.
Oh beth I am so sorry! I have been praying for you guys. Please send me your email lg2006@mac.com
ReplyDeleteGive my love to Josh too!
Laura