Wednesday, November 18, 2009

7 Months



I know I say it every time I post but time is flying by!! The past week has been super busy for us and we can't wait to meet our little man! Yesterday we got the results back from my blood work and found that my platelets have dropped again. If you know me you know I google everything!! So of course this has been no different. From what I have read this happens in about 5-8% of pregnant women later in pregnancy and typically needs no treatment. Next week when I go back we will be scheduling more blood work to keep an eye on things. I came into this pregnancy with a serious fear of needles. We are talking nurses chasing me around the room, crying, pitching a fit, cussing and desperately searching for other alternatives type of fear!! Now I do not even flinch even though it does make my stomach turn still. I am happy to say my fear has been pretty much eliminated. Knowing that there are things that need to be done to ensure that Sully is safe and happy makes me stronger and less fearful. Now if we can only control my weak stomach, I know Sully will certainly cure that and with a quickness!

Yesterday was also a fun day for us because we got to see Sully again and this time on the 4d ultrasound. It is so amazing that technology can create such beautiful images of our little man. My mom and Linda (Josh's stepmom) got to come with us and absolutely loved seeing him. He was very active as usual so we had trouble getting some of the images. We were able to solve the mystery as to why I have so much pressure in my lower abdomen already....he is head down with his feet and arms curled up to his head!! It was the cutest and most uncomfortable thing I think I have ever seen. The umbilical cord was all in the way which made it difficult to get clear images of his face but I think we got some good ones.







1 comment: