We are super excited because we found out last week that Sully will have a friend right down the road! Josh's cousin Melissa and her husband Justin are expecting!! We could not be happier for them...they will make great parents!
As for me, I am at 34 week today and go back to the Dr. next week. When I was there last week we had the dreaded discussion about having, or rather, not having an epidural. If my platelets get to a certain level I can't have one. This really makes me nervous even though I was already on the fence about getting one. Now I may not even have the option at all. I had to have my blood drawn again last week and they said they would call if they were concerned.....still no call from them so I am hoping that maybe they have stopped dropping. Regardless I will still have to get my blood drawn every so often until Sully arrives and even for a few weeks after to make sure they are going back up like they should.
I have to admit all of this has made me a little anxious about labor and delivery but I know God will get me through it! I am trying to read up on natural childbirth to prepare my mind for the whole process. I guess the scary part is knowing he could really come at any time and not knowing when is what make me so nervous. His movements have definitely changed in the past few weeks. Now it feels like he is just rolling around and I only feel the strong kicks and jabs when I lay down on my side. He can get pretty aggressive in there and I can definitely tell he is packing on the weight! Everything I have read about the 34th week says he is between 4 1/2 and 5 pounds and 15-20 inches long. I just can't believe we are so close to meeting him and am amazed everyday at how quickly everything is happening!
I am off to separate yet another Chihuahua fight.....the little ones have been at each others throats, literally, all day!
You're almost there! I hope you'll have the option to have an epidural. I'm sure everyone is telling you their labor story and you're probably sick of it so I'll keep it short;)
ReplyDeleteJust a little tip: If your nurse will let you, start pushing through the contractions rather than breathing through them once they get bad. Once my nurse said I could push when I had contractions they were SO much more bearable. I had an epidural, but it only worked for about 20 minutes. I think reading up on natural childbirth even if you plan to get pain relief is VERY smart.
Great belly pic! YOu look so precious! Tell Joshua I like his beard!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth-Thanks for the advice....I really enjoy hearing the labor stories, it is helping me understand the whole process a little better!I am loving Finley's new years hat...she is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteLG-I can't wait to start seeing your belly pics!!!