Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sully is finally here!!!

Sully is finally here and we could not be happier!! He was born at 4:10pm on Thursday February 11th. We are enjoying every minute of being parents and our hearts are filled with so much love and joy that I can't even put it into words.

So here is our birth story......

Wednesday morning Josh and I took the labs for a walk around the pond and got some cleaning and laundry done. That afternoon he had to go take care of some things for work so I started working on dinner. As I am standing in the middle of the kitchen my water breaks at 6pm on the dot. The crazy thing is I had not had any contractions all afternoon. Right when it started Josh walked in and I told him what was going on. We were both very calm and comfortable on the way to the hospital and were very excited we had everything packed and ready to go! When we got to the hospital they checked us in and I was still at 1cm with very irregular contractions. So at 8pm they decided to get my contractions going with a foley. After that I started feeling them and getting very uncomfortable. The stadol and ambien they gave me that night took some of the edge off but not much especially once they started the pitocin. By around 11am Thursday I was 7.5 cm dilated and was given the okay to have the epidural. My platelets were at 107 when I was admitted which meant I could have one. I really wanted to go without it but once the contractions got stronger and so close together I could not take it anymore. The epidural was not bad at all and made everything so much easier because I was able to relax. Finally after 22 hours of labor and only 15 minutes of pushing, our little man was born. He weighed 7lb 8oz and was 21 inches long. 

We came home on Saturday and had the best Valentines weekend ever loving on Sully!! I will try to post some more pictures in the next couple of days! Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments throughout the pregnancy....we are truly blessed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been DYING for you to update !! SO excited for you guys! He is so dang cute! Now.... you made that all sounds like a breeze! It was pretty inspirational!

    ReplyDelete