Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just a little rust....



This is Josh's new project....his grandfather's 1953 GMC 101-22. This is such a cool thing for him to start working on and I can't wait to see it restored to it's original beauty! My favorite thing about this project is that years from now Sully and Josh will be under the carport working on it together. This truck already has some great memories attached to it and now our little man will be a part of those memories! 
The truck has been parked behind Josh's mom's house since the early 90's. Last week Josh decided to move it down to our house and see if he could get it running. So he attached it to his tractor and pulled it to the house. Once he got it here he did some stuff to it. I am not even going to pretend to know exactly what he did to it, I barely understood what he was saying when he was telling me about it! Anyway, point is, he was able to get it running! I can't tell you how amazed I am at him every day! He has so many skills and I am so proud of him! This project is going to take a while to complete, but I will attempt to document it along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is super cool! Erik has a truck of his dads that was once his granpa's that needs some work! I wish we knew how to get it going! Cant wait to see Josh get that truck all restored. I had forgotten how handy he is but he really can do just about anything! I always loved that about him!I bet he teaches Sully all his tricks!

    ReplyDelete