Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 6 with the little man....and a new recipe

The picture I posted yesterday sums up our past week with Sully! He is smiling all the time now....with the exception of his picture I took of him for the week. He is usually such a happy baby but for some reason he has been getting pretty upset late in the afternoon, typically around the time Josh and I want to eat dinner. So we are back to taking turns eating dinner! We both had to go back to the doctor this week. I had my 6 week appointment and have to wait another two weeks to go back to the gym...BOO!!! It is probably best though because I would not want to expose Sully to the gym's daycare this soon anyway. At Sully's appointment we found out he weighs 11lb 7 oz. That means he has gained a pound in one week!!! No wonder some of his clothes don't fit!! I started pumping some over the weekend to give Josh a chance to feed him but he refuses to take a bottle....not sure what to do about that. I really do not want to traumatize the little guy, so I guess we will try again later. It would just be so much more convenient to feed him by bottle when we are in town.

We made something new for dinner this week....Chicken Enchiladas...delicious and easy!! Here is the recipe:
Next time around we will modify it a little by adding more cheese and sour cream to the mixture and less cream of mushroom. Also we will add shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes to it. 

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1/4 cup milk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
  2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
  3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. 

Getting back to our week, Josh decided Sully was ready for his jumperoo, Sully and I thought not. He was content long enough for me to get this picture then all hell broke loose!! He is getting much better with tummy time and seems to enjoy it a little longer. We put him on his boppy and his tummy time mat throughout the day. From the beginning he has been pretty strong but I can definitely tell he is improving daily. This week has been a little lonely for Josh because it has become pretty evident that Sully is already a major mama's boy! He has been pretty clingy this week and cries almost every time I try to hand him to Josh. Thankfully he has gotten better the past two days and will let Josh hold him again but I think this was just a glimpse into things to come!!


3 comments:

  1. I am reading a book called "on becoming babywise" to get ready for my little ones arrival and I just read today that all babies develop a fussy time and it is normally during the late afternoon. figures that right when you want to sit down and get some husband time, baby cries!! it has some great suggestions though! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I will have to check it out! Congrats and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pics! I am very curious about this bottle thing. My mom said I was like that too! I see he takes a pacifier though? Maybe it is the type of bottle?
    I was gonna mention that babywise book too and i read that above comment and realized that is my friend sarah! She is new to bloggy world!You should read her blog, its hilarious!

    ReplyDelete