In an effort to become a greener family and save a little green along the way, we have switched to cloth diapers. We are on day 4 of using gdiapers and loving it! This experience is not as gross or time consuming as we had originally thought. I have to say I would not have been so eager to try them but when I saw the special diapers.com was having I couldn't pass it up! Walmart also has rollbacks on the cloth inserts, gpants and the throw away inserts. Now I am hooked and have purchased every color possible and they look super cute on my little man! The gdiaper consists of a cloth cover and a snap in liner. You can place a cloth insert or throw away insert in the diaper. I like the cloth for when I am at home and love the convenience of the throw away insert when in town. The throw away inserts are biodegradable and you can put them in your compost, throw them away or flush them. I would suggest getting a few extra snap in liners from gdiapers.com just to have on hand since they tend to get soiled when the diaper is dirty. When I ordered them I ordered the medium that fits 13-28 lbs. They were a little big so I also got the small that goes from 8-13lbs, Sully was 13lb even last Thursday and is still in the size small. He has bird legs!! Right now we have 6 small gpants with liners, 12 cloths inserts and a few packs of the throw away inserts. I would suggest more but since he won't be in the smalls long we are sticking with the minimum. As for the mediums I have stocked up with 17 gpants, 24 cloth inserts and a few packs of throwaways. I think that is a good number so you do not have to wash them everyday,, even though I end up doing a load everyday anyway!
So with day 4 drawing to a close I have to say I am pretty happy with our decision to switch to cloth diapers! Next step is getting rid of disposable wipes, I am going to have to work up some courage on this one but I think I can do it!
Sully is napping in his swing, we had to tilt the seat in the upward position since he hates the "baby" position already! He has been talking up a storm and I have heard more laughs this past week which makes my heart melt!! His hair is coming back and his eyes are still blue, YAY! We are waiting for Daddy to help us grocery shop, we have a big list and will need assistance with the buggy today! I will be spending the rest of the week preparing for a visit from the wonderful Rachel!!! I am so excited about getting to hang out with her, the last time we saw each other was at our wedding when they drove from Ohio while she was 6 months pregnant!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Oh I have been wondering about this and how many I would need! Thanks for the feedback and good for you for using them! I hear that they make potty training faster too so let me know if you agree with that when you get to that stage!
ReplyDelete