I can't believe it has been over a month since my last post! I do apologize for those of you who actually keep up with us on here.....the one or two of you, I am sure! This post will be a quick version of what we have been up to......
My grandmother had surgery on her knee the middle of July and thankfully is doing much better. After weeks of inpatient rehab to her knee she was finally able to come home in August and is now able to drive!! Bless her heart I know she had to be going stir crazy being stuck at home for so long. Luckily my wonderful and sweet Aunt was able to help take care of her and make sure she okay.
We took Sully to Prattville in August to celebrate my cousin and his wife's birthday. He got to meet his Aunt Joni and her family, it has been YEARS since I have seen them and it was such a good visit!! We also got to see my aunt Cari and her family, sweet baby Kendall, Uncle Sam, Olivia, Aunt E and of course Mort and Big D! The trip included a visit to see a dear friend of mine from high school who just had her 1st son. It was so good to see A and her sweet family and I look forward to seeing them again very soon!
The end of August my mom, Sully and I took a trip (in the CAR!!) to Vero Beach to visit my great aunt. It took us 11 hours to get down there and Sully was great. I on the other hand was a horrible traveler!!! I HATE long car trips. Once we got down there we hung out with Aunt Louise. She had the best time showing Sully off to all her friends and as usual he was all smiles! He also got to see the beach for the first time. He loved the ocean and we can't wait to get down to the coast! All in all it was a wonderful trip and we can't wait to get back down there!! Next time we are taking a plane!!!
There is a new addition to our extended family and she arrived just in time for me to meet her before our big trip. Miss Ella Harper was born 4 days past her due date on August 23rd. She is a beautiful 10lb bundle of joy!!
Also, there was a new addition to our church family right before I left. Our preacher and his wife welcomed their precious baby boy, Charlie. It is such a blessing to have so many new babies in our church!! God is good and we are so thankful to have such a wonderful church family!!
September has been off to a busy start! Josh and I took Sully to Woofstock last weekend and he absolutely loved it. He got to play with a bunch of puppies and met Aubie!! It was so cute watching him play with Aubie, he could not take his eyes off of him!
Last Saturday we got to watch Cumpa skydive. It was a gorgeous afternoon, just a tad bit warmer than I would have liked. apparently they do night jumps as well so we are looking forward to those since it will be a lot cooler. We had such a great time visiting with Cumpa and Grammie D!
WOW! That was a lot!! I will try and post Sully's 7 month update tomorrow.....he has changed so much in such a short time!!! Also I PROMISE to get things in motion for the giveaway VERY soon. I am working on about 10 different projects and hope to have some things finished soon!!!
BTW...If anyone knows how I can change the header so that the blog name is in a better place let me know...thanks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment